HALIFAX MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
P. O. BOX 338
ENFIELD, NORTH CAROLINA 27823
We recognize that our relationships with current and prospective policyholders are based on integrity and trust. We work hard to maintain your privacy and are very careful to preserve the private nature of our relationship with you. At the same time, the very nature of our business sometimes requires that we collect or share certain information about you with other organizations or companies. As such, we want you to be aware of how we handle personal information. Our policies and procedures for collecting and disclosing personal information are detailed below:
We may collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you or your authorized representative on applications or other forms, in interviews, or by other means;
- Information we receive from reporting agencies, government agencies, employees or others;
- Information about your transactions with us or our agents or others.
To the extent permitted by law, we may disclose the information we collect, as described previously, to our agents, employees, and representatives who service you.
Any information we collect about you will be disclosed to third parties only to underwrite insurance or administer your policy or claim; as permitted by law; or as authorized by you.
We require anyone to whom we disclose your personal information to protect its confidentiality and to use it solely for the purpose for which it is intended. Otherwise, we do not disclose any nonpublic information about our customers or former customers unless authorized by the customer or as permitted by law.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Upon written request after proper identification, we will provide, within 30 days of receipt of a written request, a copy of recorded personal information we collect to our customers or former customers.
Within 30 days of receipt of a written request to correct, amend or delete recorded personal information about an individual, we will
- Correct, amend, or delete the recorded personal information; or
- Notify the individual of our refusal to correct, amend or delete recorded personal information. We will give the reasons for the refusal and inform the individual of his rights pertaining to the disputed information.